Friday, April 12, 2013

Went Horse Back Riding for the First Time In 15 Years!

I have been wanting to get back on a horse for many years, but have been nervous to to so. Years ago, I was injured when the horse I was riding succeeded in bucking me off. I've been around horses since but never had the confidence to get back on.

Then my neighbor brought home a beautiful Walker and it was love at first sight. After all the times I declined riding the other horses, I was suddenly wanting to ride him. Today, I got that opportunity. If all goes well, perhaps one day I can call him mine!

Beauty in Motion

It's amazing. Losing weight is giving me courage, confidence, and the desire to do the things I want to do and have missed out on. I can't wait to continue and see all that is in store in the future for me, things that had I not started this journey I would never have the opportunity to experience.

Are you missing out on things you want to do, want to experience? Weight not only holds you back physically, but mentally as well. I have spent so many years shying away from things I love due mostly to my excess weight. I'm tired of living that way! I'm tired of not living this life I have. Losing my first 34 pounds has not only lightened my physical load but my emotional load as well. I feel more free. I love this feeling and want it to continue.

Moving out here to the country has been one of the best things that could have happened to me. I'm less stressed, much more physical and eating better. My marriage is stronger than ever and my kids get to watch their mom get healthier while they themselves are being "farm raised." My husband is an amazing man and I'm thankful for all he does for our family while serving our country.

So if you are are sick and tired of being sick and tired, each day is a new day and a new opportunity to start living. It may be painful at first, both physically and emotionally. The important thing is to NOT QUIT! Keep pushing through so you can live the life you dream of, the life you deserve. Find your happiness...and work for it!



2 comments:

  1. This is probably the most inspiring blog post I've ever read, & the best part is that I know you! It is so exciting to see you go on this amazing journey & to be able to cheer on the sidelines! I'm so inspired & encouraged reading this! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was actually teary eyed happy yesterday. :)

      Delete