Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Push Ups and Leaving Plus Size Behind!

Yesterday was an ah-mazing day for me!! Well, actually the ah-mazing started Sunday when I learned I had lost a whole inch from my hips in two weeks! And it just continued from there!

Yesterday my mom took me clothes shopping. Yep...this girl, who HATES clothes shopping and the mall actually went to the mall and tried on clothes. My mom had purchased two tops for me and my husband said they looked big on me, so off we went to return the 1X shirts and try on something smaller!!

I about cried when I slipped on a pair of size 16 carpi's and they FIT! Then, I went to the regular gal's shirts and chose three different style shirts by three different brands all in an XL and nervously headed off to the fitting room where I tried on all three shirts and found that they fit! Two AWESOME new clothes sizes in one day!!

My best friend and me (right)...in my "no longer plus size" outfit!

So...how do I think I've been able to do so well on decreasing my clothing size? I feel it is a number of things. One, I'm drinking a lot of water. Two, I'm meticulous about calorie counting. And three, I am exercising.

Two exercises my personal trainer friend recommended are KILLER and are really making a difference! So, I'm going to share them here with you!

Scissor Kicks:
I'm sure many of you are familiar with these. If not, you should be! Here's how to do 'em:
1. Lay on your back on the floor, with your hands flat under you to support you lower back.
2. Lift both legs a few inches up from the ground and point your toes.
3. Alternating legs, lift them up and down mimicking the motion of a pair of scissors.
Do as many as possible once or twice a day.

Butterfly Kicks:
1. Lay on your back on the floor, with your hands flat under you to support your lower back.
2. Lift both legs a few inches off the ground and point your toes.
3. Open your legs out to the sides into a "V".
4. Bring legs back to the center and repeat.
Do as many as possible once or twice a day.

To change the intensity of both of these exercises, I raise my head and shoulders off the ground to better challenge my abs. If anyone needs any further clarification on those exercises, or would like photo references, leave a comment and I will gladly do so!

Speaking of exercise brings me to the next non scale victory that I achieved yesterday! After years of not being able to do a push up, and months of only being able to do push ups on my knees, I actually was able to do TWO full push ups in a row! Now that may not seem like much to a lot of people, but for me it is an incredible accomplishment! One that needed to be celebrated and so, well...I celebrated!!

My friend Christine and I showing off our push up skills!
 
 
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment