Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lost One of My Exercise Buddies

Just said good-bye to my tiny runner 5. Scooter, my yorkie, crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I was able to take him for one last lap, in my arms under the warming sun and whispering breeze.   

He has been my buddy for a good many years now. Every morning he would bark like mad when he would hear my feet hit the floor after waking up. He followed me every where and when I started my weight loss 2 months ago, he became a big part of that adventure, too.

You see, he may have been small but he had a big heart. He didn't know he was a little dog. So when I would go on my "Zombie" runs, he was right there with me. I would daydream that his bark and craftiness would keep me "safe" and give me an edge as we ran (and walked) from make believe zombies.

Getting ready to take my Scootie Bootie on one last lap.
 
I held on to him and loved on him until he passed from this world at approx 1:45 pm. Later, I walked 3 miles with my Liberty, but it just wasn't the same. I wanted to run, but couldn't. My daily life will forever be missing something. 

27 Feb 2013
 
 
I am so thankful that my little Scootie Bootie could share these past several months with us in our new home, where he had 5 acres to romp and play in. I'm so thankful to have had him as my daily walking partner, my alarm clock, and my cuddle bug.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment