Thursday, February 14, 2013

Love Your Heart, Exercise Your Body!

Happy Valentine's Day, Y'all!
 
Valentine's Day celebrates matters of the heart, so what better subject than exercise which benefits the health of your life pump! My amazing husband gifted me a brand new pair of running shoes and a phone pouch for my workouts! I'm totally thrilled and can't wait to use them!
 
 


I exercise daily. Yes, daily. I have gotten in some form of exercise every day since 1 January. I started being able to walk only 9/10 of a mile in 30 minutes. I have been using a free app on my phone to track distance, pace, and calorie burn called Endomondo. I hurt, was out of breath and exhausted. Everyday I got out there and did it, and saw my distance and pace improve dramatically. Four and half weeks ago, I started a 5k run training program....

"Zombies, Run!" This is by far the most fun I have had in my life exercising! (While I have been fat for many years, there was a time long ago that I actually did exercise and was in decent shape!) "Zombies, Run!" is a fun-tastic app you can download to your phone and listen to while you get in your workout. You create playlists of your fave music and they incorporate your playlist into your session. I'm doing Week 4, Workout 2 of their 5k run training program and it is fantastic! I have never been a runner, and here I am! Working my way to the goal of running a 5k! I am far from fast, and I can't run for longer than two minutes a time...yet...but I am impoving weekly and blasting calories! Oh, and having to do knee lifts in front of a chained zombie, then running when that zombie broke free was fun and made me giggle!

On the days I'm not running from zombies and training for a 5k, I spend time with Bob. Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser that is! I love his Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga dvd. It is a butt kicker, makes me sweat, shake and crave water. It is fantastic! I have been doing it just about every other day for a month and I feel like I am getting stronger. It is pretty tough for me and I am still doing the modified versions of a few of the poses/exercises. I highly recommend this dvd!!!

You may only be able to walk slowly for a few minutes, but get out there and do it anyway! Tomorrow, go out again and try to push just a little further, even if it is only a half a minute or a minute more at a time. It will get easier, you will breath easier, you will feel better!

My next adventure will be strength training. I really need to increase my upper body strength especially. I will share that with you when the time comes!!

Have a Happy Valentine's Day, and don't forget to get out and walk! (Or any other physical activity you feel like doing!)

1 comment: