Sunday, February 24, 2013

First 20 Pounds: Gone!

Today was a great day! This morning, I woke up wondering what that mystical contraption, the scale, would reveal. To my delight, I saw within it's crystal the number 209 even. That puts me at 20 pounds lost since 1 January!

Here I am, 20 Pounds Lighter!
 
I had started a "Weight Loss Journey" bracelet after reading and seeing pictures of a fellow forum member's bracelet. My first bead, for my first 10 pounds lost, is for my kids who are my biggest inspiration and motivation! In fact, my son (10) is the one who found My Fitness Pal for me and who cheers me on while I work out, telling me how great I'm doing! My daughter (8) is really into exercise and drinking water, and motivates me a lot as well!
 
My "Proud Mom" bead, reward for 10 pounds lost!
 
 
The next great thing that happened, (as if seeing 20 pounds gone wasn't enough!) I was able to run a full quarter mile non stop! This is amazing for me! I have NEVER been a runner, and here I am doing a quarter mile! I'm very excited for this "Non Scale Victory," aka NSV!
 
My family and I then went out to run some errands and have lunch. When I got home, the following was waiting for me in the mail box:
 
 
 
It was my 20 pounds lost reward charm! Since I credit the Zombies, Run app with helping me shed the pounds, I had this charm custom made for me! It is just the way I wanted and makes a cute little jingle when the two discs dangle! It looks great on my bracelet and I'm very proud to wear it! I can look at this one in particular and be reminded of how far I have come physically in less than 2 short months!
 
 
One last picture for this blog post...I gotta do it! While out with my family, I had my son snap this pic of me with a 20 pound bag of grass seed! Yep...I lost this bag of seed from my body! What a great feeling!!
 

This weekend marked 20 pounds lost! I was able to run a quarter mile straight through. I started and am sharing my "weight loss journey" bracelet with y'all. Other NSV's that occurred recently are: I dropped 1/2 a size in shoes, my jeans are getting looser, I have a whole lot more energy, I can eat 1/4 of a chocolate bar and save the rest so my cravings are well under control, I no longer like the taste of soda, and I can stay within my daily caloric limit and be completely satisfied!

If I can do this, so can you!

Love and Light,
Moni





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Wow, you are such an inspiration and I am so proud of you!! Keep up the great work, I love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete