Friday, January 25, 2013

Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga Day

My sweet hubby went out and got me a few exercise videos so I can vary my workouts.  I have been working out 25 days in a row now, and that exercise has been limited to walking.

Yesterday I did my Zombies Run 5k Training workout, and at the end I was told to take today off and come back for my next session tomorrow. I feel antsy if I do not workout, so this morning I popped in my Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga dvd.

When I saw "yoga" I thought it would be a somewhat gentle stretching and pose type session, but wow was I wrong! It thoroughly kicked my butt! I made it through the whole workout, but had to use the modified versions of some of the poses. Other poses I couldn't quite hold for the entire duration, so would switch to a different but similar pose during the remaining few seconds.

I really enjoyed this yoga session. Bob does a wonderful job of offering just the right amount of motivation, so you aren't feeling overwhelmed or like you are being yelled at. I could feel my muscles shaking and got a good burn out of some of the poses. I also like that he incorporates some weight lifting into the poses as well.

This is one workout I know I will be revisiting, at least twice a week!

Check out the following YouTube video for segments of the BLWL yoga workout!



2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I started about the same time as you, have a bunch to lose, and need to get fit as well. I'm looking forward to reading about your journey as I go through mine. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided I didn't just want to lose fat, I wanted to get fit at the same time. I already am much improved from where I started!

      Delete