Thursday, January 24, 2013

3 Weeks and 3 Days Into My New Lifestyle!

Some people say it takes 21 continuous days to form a new habit. Well, I have now done 24 consecutive days of eating right and exercising! I do have to say, that starting the end of week two, I would get antsy if I wasn't out there getting my walk done!

Initially it was hard to get myself out the door and move. I started only being able to walk slow for 20 minutes, and now I am already going 4.5 mph and walking much further. I know my body is getting healthier because today, for the first time since I started my journey, I could walk up and down the three flights of stairs at my husband's job without getting winded! (And I did it three times! Couldn't have done it more but didn't want them all to think I was crazy!) I can honestly say I do not remember when the last time was I could walk up a flight of stairs without being winded!

Yesterday I began a new workout, and so far I love it! Another frequenter of a weight loss forum I am on posted about the Zombies Run Game so I just had to check it out! Turns out, I got it on sale for $0.99 and downloaded it to my phone. Yesterday, I walked during the whole intro and added in my 1 minute of walking followed by 15 seconds of running. (Do this 10 times following the 10 minute walking warm up!) Today, I did day one of week one, and loved it! It is going to be my way to accomplishing my goal of doing a 5k! If you need motivation and fun to get you up and going, you absolutely HAVE to check this out!!! The great thing is,  you can do this workout outdoors or indoors, so you have the option of doing this on a treadmill or inside track if you needed to! (I was just envisioning myself running through the malls to get away from the "zombies!" LOL)

So, there you have it! I'm 3 weeks 3 days into my journey. I already see and feel my body getting faster and stronger. And now you know that for the next 8 weeks at least, (the length of the Zombies Run Training Program) I will be running for my life!







2 comments: