Wednesday, May 1, 2013

120 Days (Four Months!) Into My New Life!

It's hard to believe it's been 4 months!! I started my weight loss journey (yet again) on 1 January 2013. So much has happened! So much has changed! It's all very exciting indeed!

In January/Early February, walking much of a distance was so hard on me. It was depressing, hard, and I hated it. Breathing was so hard, I thought I'd hyperventilate and pass out! I was so slow, tortoises were passing me at their SLOWEST pace! :) Now, I am running up to 3.2 miles and am amazed! This is probably my proudest accomplishment!
My 120 Day Anniversary Run Stats!


Wait...what? My proudest accomplishment isn't losing 38 pounds in 4 months? While I am very happy with my weight loss and very proud to have done so well, I have to say my ability to run for the first time in my life is higher on my pride scale than the weight loss.

I'm also moving right along with my 30 Day Squat Challenge. Today was day 21 and I did 180 squats! I'm pretty proud of myself! It is getting harder and harder to get through these. I'm in the home stretch now, three weeks of squats are behind me!

Some important changes I have noticed are things like my mood is much lifted. I'm happier, more optimistic. While I do have a down day here and there, it is nothing like having weeks of down days in a row. In fact, my demeanor is so much improved, people have commented on how much brighter my spirits are. If my friend lived nearby, she probably would have read my aura and shook her head a few months ago. I'm sure my aura is much healthier now! Aside from the mood, I have much more energy, and I WANT to be moving! How great it is that moving finally feels good and I want to do it!

I've had several friends tell me they are motivated to get healthy watching me get healthy. I am part of a ladies gym group that meets to work out once a week. I took a Zumba class and while I looked like crazy freak, I HAD FUN! (And sweat doing it!) I'm eating healthier. I kicked my soda addiction. I've taken up hula hooping. I've lost inches and clothing sizes. My shoe size has went down...twice!
No, I know I looked like Ace Ventura in a Tutu!
(From Google Images)


This journey has been filled with heart ache, physical pain, joy, successes, and perseverance. I am not only shedding the physical weight, but shedding the emotional walls I've had up for so long. I'm doing things that just a few short months ago, would have filled me with dread.

And I'm loving this new life!






No comments:

Post a Comment